PHILIP DAY MEMORIAL COMPETITION
We will be holding the Annual Philip Day Memorial Challenge at Beas River Equestrian Centre on Sunday April 30th.
- In order to enter you need to be regularly jumping at least the height of the class (80cm for the Bowl and 1m for the cup).
- If you have your own livery horse and pony and you will need your instructor to approve you entering the competition, please let you instructor know you wish to enter the Philip Day Competition.
- If you will be riding a horse from your Riding stables (but not your livery) please note that in your registration.
- If you do not have your own livery horse/pony to compete on we will endeavour to match you with a borrowed horse.
- If you wish to compete in the Cup (100-110cm) on a borrowed horse you will need to have a test ride first, to be arranged with the HKPC.
Each rider may compete in one class only, however the horses/ponies may compete in both classes with different riders.
The schedule will be roughly as follows, class times are approximate, we will do our best to run on time but we do not have a large team of course builders to help!
Class ONE: Philip Day Bowl Competition
Paddock: Competition Arena.
Class TWO: Philip Day Cup Competition
Paddock: Competition Arena
There will be the HKJC kiosk serving drinks and snacks as well as lunch items. We would love everyone to stay for lunch and support the services kindly provided by the HKJC.
The Prize giving for each class will be directly after the class.
We would like to ask everyone, competitors and spectators, to give their support for the whole morning, and be there for both competitions.
$200 if riding own livery horse
$350 if riding borrowed horse/nominated Riding Sch horse
These charges will cover pony/horse hire (except for livery riders) transport and entry fees.
You can pay online or via ATM, please email the secretary with payment confirmation or advice slip, payment will not be acknowledged until this is received.
HSBC Acc No. 039 012 455 001
There is parking at Beas River, but you do need to register your car number. If you are entering as a rider then there is space for your car on the entry form. If you would like to come as a spectator, please email the HKPC secretary with your licence number.
The Beas River Equestrian Centre is located at
HKJC Beas River Country Club,
Kam Tsin Road,
Driving directions can be found here:
Any questions, please email the secretary.
Hope to see you on April 30th