This event is in the past.
What: Inter Pacific Exchange
When: June 28th to July 10th 2017
Where: North and South Carolina, USA
As many of you may know, every two years we send a team of 4 members on the Inter-Pacific Exchange, for those who don't, here is a brief introduction.
The Inter Pacific Exchange is a prestigious biennial rally where five countries contest the Nations Cup. The competing countries are Australia, Canada, Hong Kong, New Zealand and the United States of America. Each country is rostered to host the rally once during a twelve-year period. The rally is generally between ten and twenty days in length and involves sight seeing, extra equestrian competition/activities and the Nations Cup. More often than not the extra competitions are in scrambled teams and have included Dressage, Jumping, Cross Country, Ride and Tie and Combined Training Events. Accommodation varies from host country to host country and has involved motels, billeting and camping. The tour concludes with The Nations Cup, a two round show jumping competition with a jumping height of up to 110cms.
The 2017 exchange to be held in North and South Carolina for 28 June - 12 July, 2017. The invitation is extended to teams of four riders, one chaperone and one coach. Teams will fly into the Greenville Spartanburg Airport on the 28th June. From here they will begin cultural experiences in the Tryon, North Carolina Region, including sights in the Great Smoky Mountains. There will be a Kangaroo Cup Event on the first weekend followed by an American Fourth of July Celebration. The Nations Cup will be one of the last itinerary events to be held in Tryon.
To qualify for consideration as a member of the HKPC team, you should:
- Be a paid up member of the HKPC
- Be capable and confident of jumping a showjumping course at 1m on unknown horses.
- Be a proficient rider and handler of unfamiliar horses.
- Have shown support for the HKPC through attending and volunteering at events.
- Have shown strong committment to giving back to the Pony Club
- Been an effective and responsible volunteer at events.
- Have strong Horse Management skills - preferably to Pony Club B / BHS Stage 3 Level.
- Be 17 to 25 years of age as of January 1, 2017.
- Be a good ambassador for both their Pony Club and country and be able to fit into a team situation.
- Sign and adhere to a Code of Conduct.
- Be able to speak/respond on behalf of their team, if called upon to do so.
- Have a good basic knowledge of their own and the host Country, and be able to converse comfortably with peer and non-peer groups.
- Have a sound knowledge of the Pony Club movement – its origins, structure and operation in their home country.
- Have filled in the registration form accurately and thoughtfully.
The HKPC will cover the costs of the landing fee, which is USD900 per person, and all accomodation, food and travel will be covered by the host nation. However team members will need to cover the cost of their return airfarer to the United States which is estimated between HKD8,000 - HKD10,000
If you are interested in being considered for the 2015 Inter-Pacific Team please register and fill in your details. Once we have put together a long list we will then contact you to let you know if you have made it to the short-list.